Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Humility in a person, not enough of it or to much?

Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, reverential, even politely submissive, and never being arrogant, contemptuous, rude or even self-abasing. Humility, in various interpretations, is widely seen as a virtue in many religious and philosophical traditions, being connected with notions of transcendent unity with the universe or the divine, and of egolessness.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humility)

To be quite honest, I had no idea what this word meant until a project I just had to do for a class i'm in. Unfortunatly, I thought it had the same definition as "Humiliation." Well, wasn't I wrong.
So, in other words I got to thinking; Humility can be a good trait AND a bad trait at the same time. I mean yeah your nice, but at the same time you're full of yourself? I'm not sure if i'm understanding this world well. But either way, I can't come to the decision if I feel someone should have MORE Humility in them as a trait, or a very small amount? Just a pondering thought. :)

Imperfection, is perfection.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment